GRANITE -vs- QUARTZ
Granite counters are mined from pure stone. The stone is sawed into slabs or made into tiles and then polished for installation. If you want authentic stone countertops, then granite is your only choice. Granite has a vast variety of colors and textures. Each and every stone is unique because no 2 stones are alike. They each have different characteristics.
• They are not uniform in color or appearance
• Will need to be sealed year after year
• Durable but not indestructible
• It is a natural rock and can break or chip
• Heat and stain resistant
• Water resistant and scratch resistant
• Natural stone may have mercury, lead, radon gas, etc
• Impossible to completely hide the seams in a granite counter
Quartz counters are manufactured from crushed quartz that is mixed with pigment for coloration and resin as a binder. It is non-porous, and easily fabricated. The quartz content is typically 92% to 94%. These counters offer a virtually maintenance free kitchen work surface. Quartz is actually harder than granite and thus, more durable.
• Quartz is does not require any sealing - ever
• More flexible making them less likely to chip or crack
• Extremely durable but not indestructible
• Heat and stain-resistant
• Scratch & water resistant, easy to keep relatively bacteria-free
• Can discolor over time when exposed to direct sunlight
• Seams with a quartz counter are less visible
• Does not have any type of impact on indoor air quality
Our Countertop of Choice is QUARTZ!
We prefer Quartz Countertops because its more durable and requires less maintenance. Lots of brands to choose from and they come in a variety of colors.
HOW IT WORKS:
Quartz Countertops are ordered through our Kitchen Showrooms either by telephone 718.740.7800
or by visiting one of
our Showroom Locations in NY or Pennsylvania.
*Quartz Countertops are sold as a Installed product only. A countertop template is required to place a
Quartz Countertop order. Prior to placing any Quartz Countertop orders a measure of the top is required
to provide cost estimate. Upon approval of estimate the countertop order can be placed. There is a $ 50
measure fee. Measure fees are refundable if the tops are purchased from Kabinet King.
*If replacing existing countertops it is the responsibility of the customer to have any countertops currently installed removed prior to template. If new cabinetry has just been installed it is the responsibility of the customer to be sure all cabinetry has been securely fastened to the wall and installation of cabinetry is complete prior to template. Once cabinetry is templated nothing can change.